How I Obtained And Individualized Education Program Through Special Education School In NYC

Feeling lost is legitimate when you are thrown into the doubt that your child is autistic. This happened to me and I did not know exactly where to begin in order to secure a bright future for my child despite the issues that he might have to face. The teacher in his school gave me details about the IEP or the individualized Education program that was offered in special education school in NYC. This was the start of a decently successful future for my child whose happiness knows no bounds every time we ask about his school experience.

His teacher made the initial referral at that moment, wherein she suggested that my child might need some special help in getting through the daily learning of school. The special education committee in NYC processes this initial referral. They basically take a detailed test of the child in a comfortable environment and then analyze the issues that he/she might be facing in comprehending classes. I was a little worried with my child’s situation as I thought he is just introvert who does not want to open up until this idea was fed into my mind. Surprisingly the committee was quite professional in their approach and Rob was at ease with the process.

This was then made into a form of the report and the subsequent suggestions of an education program was made which catered to the requirements and interests of my child and how the school should that up as a reference when making his study lessons. The special education schools in NYC that were known for the upbringing of best autistic kids were written down for us to consider for his future prospects. We did our own research and settled on the one close to our home in case of any issues.


My son, Rob now loves being a part of the school and responds well to the curriculum set up only for him. There has been a dramatic improvement in my son and all of this is only because of the IEP suggestions made by the committee. 


Comments