Choosing Private Special Education Schools Over A Public School

Choosing a school for your child is one of the prime decisions that you make for them. It shapes their future and marks a new beginning of their life towards providing for themselves. This decision becomes more difficult when it comes to specially abled students. Parents have to make a hard choice of choosing between varieties of options available.



I had to make a similar decision for my child a few years ago. I was torn between the options available in front of me and was scared of making the wrong choice. My child suffers from autism and had an anti social outlook towards people in general. I was devastated to discover this at first. But my husband told me about these schooling options that were specialized in handling specially abled children. The fact that the success rate of such schools is really high gave the kind of solace that I was looking for with respect to my child’s future.

I started by browsing all the options in my city and learnt that the special education schools were categorized between a private special education school and a public school. It was now time to create a pros and cons chart for both so that we could make a smart and informed decision.

The private special education schools won over the public one on a number of accounts. It was close enough for me to walk down to school in case of an unforeseen emergency. The services offered for autistic children in private special education school of my choice was far better than the ones offered in a public one. Moreover, They also had dedicated therapists for children with autism to provide the best in class therapy sessions that help in fighting the anti social behavior.

This school also worked on the principle of individualized education program. This program helped in making the schedule and learning sessions keeping in mind the interests of individual child. My child was given undivided attention by the teacher and he ultimately learnt to be social with the other kid of his age group.

Comments